NEW FMILs...

kroert

Board Enthusiast

172 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
4/27/2013 12:00 AM

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

Just a general observation that mothers are definitely different when it comes to their sons as opposed to daughters. My FMIL is seriously obsessed with my FH. Everything he does is amazing to her...I could literally grab a star out of the sky and hand it to her on a silver platter and she would say nothing....if he takes out the garbage, "he is such a good boy, so handsome, mwah mwah mwah..."...and she is wayyy too up in his business...and she still insists on doing and folding his laundry, even after he told her he would do it!!! Lolol

I feel like my parents mind their own business and that's that...they praise me when I do good and tell me how it is when I need to improve..My parents are my best friends but they treat me like an adult...I guess I just feel like his mom needs to cut the cord already lolol....

Posted By

NEW Re: FMILs...

mds110286

mds110286

not enough hours in a day!

1025 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/24/2012 12:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Check!

oh boy.. good luck with that!!

Posted By

SummerBeauty

2 1 1 . . .

1433 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/9/2013 5:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Watermill

She's gonna pull him closer now that he's getting married!

Posted By

kroert

Board Enthusiast

172 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

Lolol....shes actually gotten better over the years. She used to make weird comments ...I used to keep quiet but then I stopped caring and now just completely say what I want...if she says something weird, I answer back or I'll just tell her it's weird...lol...I also say stuff about the laundry in front of her. If she tells him she can't find a sock or something or that she is forever doing laundry, I say "omg I have a great idea...how about he does his own laundry??" lol...my FH totally gets my point about certain things and he has told her to chill out at times.

Posted By

kroert

Board Enthusiast

172 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

I also told him that when we move into our house, I will not tolerate her popping in unannounced (same goes for my parents...though they would never). We've agreed that if she ever pops over, it will be nipped right in the bud!

Posted By

jassy119

jassy119

We're married!!!

5889 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/6/2013 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Swan Club

LOL @ pulling a star out the sky... Seeing all these vents about FMILs makes me so thankful that my FMIL is great!

Posted By

mds110286

mds110286

1025 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Check!

yea you def. have to put your foot down right away. i always tell FH in front of his mom that he will be doing all the laundry so he should start practicing. his mom still does his laundry and cleans his room!

Posted By

jassy119

jassy119

We're married!!!

5889 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
10/6/2013 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Swan Club

Posted by kroert

I also told him that when we move into our house, I will not tolerate her popping in unannounced (same goes for my parents...though they would never). We've agreed that if she ever pops over, it will be nipped right in the bud!

Oh boy.. everybody loves raymond mom just popped into my mind... u def dont want that lol

Posted By

kroert

Board Enthusiast

172 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Booked!

Posted by mds110286

yea you def. have to put your foot down right away. i always tell FH in front of his mom that he will be doing all the laundry so he should start practicing. his mom still does his laundry and cleans his room!

Haha! I do the same. She goes "u won't do his laundry?" I say sometimes maybe, but it's not to be expected. FH is good about it though. When we lived in our own apartment, he washed and folded everything. We are a good team. Just his mom still thinks he's five years old and treats him as such...lol

Posted By

mds110286

mds110286

1025 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE

WEDDING LOCATION
Check!

Posted by kroert

Posted by mds110286

Haha! I do the same. She goes "u won't do his laundry?" I say sometimes maybe, but it's not to be expected. FH is good about it though. When we lived in our own apartment, he washed and folded everything. We are a good team. Just his mom still thinks he's five years old and treats him as such...lol

hahaha FMILs .... i think FH will be fine if we split the work too

Posted By

kerryums

kerryums

"I'm Addicted"

1069 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/21/2012 7:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
CHCC

I totally feel your pain on this issue!!! My FH is like the 8th wonder of the world to her, he craps gold, etc... and no one (really, no one) will ever be deserving of his affections but her!

She has gotten better over the years too though. I think once we got engaged she realized I'm not going anywhere so she better buck up and learn to like me lol.

Posted By

KristyANDMatt224

KristyANDMatt224

LOVE being engaged!!!

2567 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
2/24/2013 1:30 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sand Castle

um yes..and she treats me like i'm the biggest POS around.. but very passive aggressive... throws his ex in my face all the time, but when confronted she pulls the "oh, i didn't even realize i said that" (Funny..bc she wont say it when FH is around). She acts needy if I'm there, like "oh, i just can't reach..help me, pleeeaaase" c'mon lady, really?!?!?! her latest, was she was in hosp and FH and I did so much for her... yet she sent a thank you card to my brother and his gf for flowers they sent...Here's the kicker--she had NO idea who my brother was from the name on the card... not only did she send a card and never a word of thanks to us, but she addressed it to my bro and his gf, c/o'ed me on envelope and sent it to me and FH address-she couldn't have asked us his for his address?! it was a slap in the face! what po'ed me off the most was she spelled my name wrong.. 5 1/2 years and you can't spell "Kristy" F U....that was all just this month.. i could write a book

Posted By

FromGtoC

FromGtoC

Board Fanatic

822 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
8/23/2013 12:00 AM

Oh man... we are all in the same boat!!!

Posted By

KevinErin

Board Fanatic

256 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
6/29/2012 3:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
The Mansion at Timber Point

I am not mentioning any names but there is some one close to me that has the same problem. Anything she does is a problem according to her MIL. I am very lucky my FMIL knows her children and loves her children for who they are.

Posted By

CroatianBride

CroatianBride

Living the life

1543 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
11/26/2011 1:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sand Castle <3

My FMIL isn't like that thank god! She's very independant, but the one thing she will bltch about and make comments about is us not coming over for dinner as often as we should

MESSAGE EDITED8/12/2011 11:20:55 AM

POSTED 8/12/11 11:20 AM

Posted By

KL824

KL824

Board Fanatic

595 TOTAL POSTS

WEDDING DATE
9/8/2012 6:00 PM

WEDDING LOCATION
Sand Castle

This post makes me laugh because while I do love my FMIL and we get along great, she is the same way with my FH. He can do NO wrong in her eyes, it's so funny. He is her pride and joy, but she's not obsessed with him, so I am extremely grateful for that!

FROM SOMETHING BLUE... TO SOMETHINGS NEW! Personalize your wedding with the New York City Weddings Shop.